Skip to main content

What Really Happened After The Camp

Admittedly, there was a slight hint of hesitation when I confirmed my attendance at the camp. Why? Because I knew I'd be the oldest camper this season or probably ever. How uncomfortable is the idea, huh?
But then I remembered three things (I got the first two from hearing my friends' messages in the past)...
One, children are never too old to honor God. (As for my case, I am not too old to learn and discover new things, most especially if it's for God's glory and honor.)
Two, God calls us to go somewhere and He will show us the way. (It’s called stepping out of our comfort zones.)
And lastly, my devotion on that day (when I was supposed to confirm my attendance) was entitled "bound to encourage.” (I thought to myself, “Hey, I'm invited to this year's Kainos. I should be encouraged.)
So, I typed “yes” and hit send.
You see how God operates? His plans are equally intricate and amazing, from day zero, to the days of the camp and to the aftermath (which happens to be the most important).
In Exodus 23:20-21, it says: "See, I am sending an angel ahead of you to guard you along the way and to bring you to the place I have prepared. Pay attention to him and listen to what he says. Do not rebel against him; he will not forgive your rebellion, since my Name is in him. "
And Romans 8:28 says: "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."
I've had my countless moments with God and I've always been amazed as to how God puts everything into perspective for me. Even during the camp when I was at a loss for words, clueless of what to do or when I was being asked about how I feel about some things (things that really matter). I only have to put my heart into something, seek wisdom from Him through prayers and voila, God reveals something to me to ponder on and remember.
Indeed, if you operate under God’s purpose in your life, you release power and there is power in the name of Jesus!
Nonetheless, in spite of all the things I've mentioned, I still consider myself a work in progress. I am no better than anyone. I always have this need to seek Him because I'm too scared to lose my way in this changing world.
Now, I am grateful for what Kainos had given me. It allowed me to reconnect with God in ways I could never imagine.
Things haven't been really good for me a few days before the camp but I was given hope.
While those three days have been a bit odd and emotional, the aftermath is surprisingly intense that I woke up on the third day of December even more eager to seek Him.
And just like that, I understood Kainos' main verse: "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here! All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation." (II Corinthians 5:17‭-‬18)
You know, there is something more than believing, and that is living on and for what you believe. Let's stop existing and start living.
I can keep going about my amazing moments with God. I can keep telling you how Kainos made me feel. But it doesn't really matter unless you yourself seek God.
So how are you seeking God today?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meleria's Sonnet

It seemed to be a new life at the time, You caught my attention unconsciously; I was in need, and you helped willingly, A unique bond grew and was pure as lime; You are the lyrics of the string’s rhyme, My dream’s exact epitome, shockingly; A magical sense exist swiftly, I was reluctant ‘cause it’s like a crime; And when He heard me, confusions came too; 'Guess I wasn’t ready at the time yet; All is said and done, what else could I do? Pain crushed me, and it seemed too hard to beat, Blade tears me when thud rose from the piano, Mind of hate, soul of love, heart of regret. - M

Sadly Missed, Lovingly Remembered

There were two persons who came to my life whom I barely know but both touched my life unexpectedly, shared a great secret to me and had left me the moment I needed them most. The only difference they have was that the first person promised to come back while the other one didn't say a word. I've been waiting for the first person to come back for almost half a decade but she never showed up, the only thing she had left me was a small Science Dictionary. I've been searching for her in the internet. I was young then that's why I couldn't remember her exact appearance. I lost her phone number and all I have was the name of the town where she came from, if only I could go there by myself then I would have done it a long time ago. The second one was the person who taught me to be strong, the person who said that there were still good things he found despite of my shortcomings, the person I thought would never leave me, and the person who made me change the

It Keeps Playing

A few days ago, my classmates and I made a visit to the main campus of our school. On our way there, a fallen old acacia tree was cut to make way for the jeepneys because it's blocking the way. It so happened that the tree just fell down recently that end a jeepney driver's life. He was the only casualty on the said incident. Finding out that sad news made me fall into deep thoughts lately. Life may be sometimes unfair in the eyes of the people who choose to close their minds to find out the reasons why things need to happen this way, that way, and whatever. As for the ones who try and struggle to understand God's plans for us, we define life the other way around. But life is unpredictable, it may not be the appropriate word to define a four-letter word it is sure enough to be true. We never know what will happen after reading something, we never know what will happen if we cross on a traffic road, we never even know what will happen a few minutes after working. All that we