Skip to main content

Obey

Why do you do what you do? For whom do you offer the things that you do? What is your primary concern when you make decisions? Can you imagine yourself doing something you don’t understand but you do it anyway out of obedience?

I, myself, don’t fully understand the concept of obedience. It has been a constant struggle for me. However, the Bible is strewn with stories that teach us how to be obedient. Like Joseph for example.

Joseph knew that he will be judged by others when he decided to obey God, when he chose to be with Mary. Yet he followed what God had instructed him to do. Despite the uncertainties and the struggles he and his bride might face, he trusted and obeyed God.

A year ago, I was asked why I wanted to be an engineer. My answer at that time may not be wrong but the conversation showed me a new perspective. I was told that while my answer was for the right reasons, still, I should be doing the things that I do for a greater purpose. And that is for God’s glory and honor. And from then on, I started asking myself how am I able to please God with the decisions that I have made and will make in the future.

You know you have obeyed God when you have done things to please Him. The question is, is God glorified with the things that you do?

- M

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meleria's Sonnet

It seemed to be a new life at the time, You caught my attention unconsciously; I was in need, and you helped willingly, A unique bond grew and was pure as lime; You are the lyrics of the string’s rhyme, My dream’s exact epitome, shockingly; A magical sense exist swiftly, I was reluctant ‘cause it’s like a crime; And when He heard me, confusions came too; 'Guess I wasn’t ready at the time yet; All is said and done, what else could I do? Pain crushed me, and it seemed too hard to beat, Blade tears me when thud rose from the piano, Mind of hate, soul of love, heart of regret. - M

Sadly Missed, Lovingly Remembered

There were two persons who came to my life whom I barely know but both touched my life unexpectedly, shared a great secret to me and had left me the moment I needed them most. The only difference they have was that the first person promised to come back while the other one didn't say a word. I've been waiting for the first person to come back for almost half a decade but she never showed up, the only thing she had left me was a small Science Dictionary. I've been searching for her in the internet. I was young then that's why I couldn't remember her exact appearance. I lost her phone number and all I have was the name of the town where she came from, if only I could go there by myself then I would have done it a long time ago. The second one was the person who taught me to be strong, the person who said that there were still good things he found despite of my shortcomings, the person I thought would never leave me, and the person who made me change the

It Keeps Playing

A few days ago, my classmates and I made a visit to the main campus of our school. On our way there, a fallen old acacia tree was cut to make way for the jeepneys because it's blocking the way. It so happened that the tree just fell down recently that end a jeepney driver's life. He was the only casualty on the said incident. Finding out that sad news made me fall into deep thoughts lately. Life may be sometimes unfair in the eyes of the people who choose to close their minds to find out the reasons why things need to happen this way, that way, and whatever. As for the ones who try and struggle to understand God's plans for us, we define life the other way around. But life is unpredictable, it may not be the appropriate word to define a four-letter word it is sure enough to be true. We never know what will happen after reading something, we never know what will happen if we cross on a traffic road, we never even know what will happen a few minutes after working. All that we