Skip to main content

Roadtrip

The one downer of having an educational tour is the fact that the time you spend at some point is limited. You don’t get to explore the entire place because again, time is limited. All you have to do is make the most out of the time you have.

I love travelling, especially road trips. But there’s always that part when I wish I never left the house, simply because I run into something I don’t like. For instance, travelling by day time is not my cup of tea or unwinding at the beach in broad daylight. I would always prefer to travel at dawn or at night even if it means not being able to see the beautiful scenarios I passed by. And I would favor the rain water ten times over the seawater; I’d rather stay under the rain for hours than to hang out at the beach. Well, maybe because I am not used to being at the seashore.

Seaside across Oslob Church, Cebu.
But as far as the tour is concerned, the heat of the sunshine and the sticky feeling the wind from the sea gives didn’t stop me from enjoying every stopover and travels we had. The beauty and tranquility of the sea was enough to set aside my personal issues with beaches. I had a good time on my own despite being one of those students in the class who don’t know much of her classmates. Every stopover, I had this wish of seeing something exquisite and every place we visited didn’t disappoint me, showing me the epitome of natural beauty despite the ages that past. Places where you see how it is different from others and being catchy in its own manner.

And as for me, who came from a province somewhere in the east, when it comes to travelling in Cebu, I keep in mind every place I visited, what I did there and what’s something memorable. The fact that those places were one of the farthest I’ve been through, I became so aware of the surroundings and was too engrossed observing while travelling. It was a good thing I was sitting at the back of the driver’s seat, I could fully appreciate even the curves and ups and downs of the road. I even took time taking pictures of the vehicles, beautiful houses, mountains, seas and even cute scenarios we passed by.

South Cebu road.
One funny thing is when we were on our way to the beach, my classmates were noisy having fun, but as soon as we finished lunch and we were heading to the next church, the bus was so silent. Some did try to have a little fun while on board using the microphone at first, but that’s just it. That was only out of boredom and hunger, as they say. So the real funny thing is, when I look back to check on them why it was very quiet I found out that they’re all fast asleep. I was like, “how are they going to enjoy this tour if they’re sleeping?” But then, it wasn’t my business anymore, right?

The truth is, I was trying real hard not to sleep at that time because I’m afraid I would miss something along the way. So, I kept my eyes wide open despite the lack of sleep. And it’s all worth it!


- M

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meleria's Sonnet

It seemed to be a new life at the time, You caught my attention unconsciously; I was in need, and you helped willingly, A unique bond grew and was pure as lime; You are the lyrics of the string’s rhyme, My dream’s exact epitome, shockingly; A magical sense exist swiftly, I was reluctant ‘cause it’s like a crime; And when He heard me, confusions came too; 'Guess I wasn’t ready at the time yet; All is said and done, what else could I do? Pain crushed me, and it seemed too hard to beat, Blade tears me when thud rose from the piano, Mind of hate, soul of love, heart of regret. - M

Sadly Missed, Lovingly Remembered

There were two persons who came to my life whom I barely know but both touched my life unexpectedly, shared a great secret to me and had left me the moment I needed them most. The only difference they have was that the first person promised to come back while the other one didn't say a word. I've been waiting for the first person to come back for almost half a decade but she never showed up, the only thing she had left me was a small Science Dictionary. I've been searching for her in the internet. I was young then that's why I couldn't remember her exact appearance. I lost her phone number and all I have was the name of the town where she came from, if only I could go there by myself then I would have done it a long time ago. The second one was the person who taught me to be strong, the person who said that there were still good things he found despite of my shortcomings, the person I thought would never leave me, and the person who made me change the

Obey

Why do you do what you do? For whom do you offer the things that you do? What is your primary concern when you make decisions? Can you imagine yourself doing something you don’t understand but you do it anyway out of obedience? I, myself, don’t fully understand the concept of obedience. It has been a constant struggle for me. However, the Bible is strewn with stories that teach us how to be obedient. Like Joseph for example. Joseph knew that he will be judged by others when he decided to obey God, when he chose to be with Mary. Yet he followed what God had instructed him to do. Despite the uncertainties and the struggles he and his bride might face, he trusted and obeyed God. A year ago, I was asked why I wanted to be an engineer. My answer at that time may not be wrong but the conversation showed me a new perspective. I was told that while my answer was for the right reasons, still, I should be doing the things that I do for a greater purpose. And that is for God’s glory